I’ve said it time and time again and today I will go on record with it: I am America’s greatest patriot! Why you ask, well I date foreign women to spread the image that American man are all criminally well endowed and call the next day even if they have no plans of traveling to see again. Like Mitt Romney I put all my money into offshore investments: alimony payment, Asian and Latina porn, Boner pills from Sweden. Of course who could forget the Greatest American Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North who likes me invests his money indirectly into illegal drugs in South America.
Ultimately I am the Greatest Patriot because I read American History, and despite all the crazy shit, I love America its a nice concept and I cannot wait for the US to pull closer within
reach sight (from a telescope) of that idyllic America we all so love.
Getting into IT
I have to tell you that there are different USA each person’s experience is colored by their race, class, gender and economic status. There is a hierarchy amongst Americans, which is often exploited to get voters to vote against their personal interest.
Yesterday the American Civil Liberties union Post an Article that struck a chord with me so I re-posted it on Facebook. A high school acquaintance responded in a way that made me furiously angry nstead of responding right away, I sat with my angry and tried to understand why was I angry and before I responded. Here is what it looked like:
I noted two facts that namely:
- Black and Latino males aged 14-24 are only 5% of NYC population, but accounted for 41% of police stops last year
- The number of stops of young black men exceeded the entire city population of young black men (168,126 as compared to 158,406). Ninety percent of young black and Latino men stopped were innocent.
Can someone tell me what that means?
The NYPD report says:
Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter victims are most frequently Black (61.8%) or Hispanic (26.3%). [88.1%]
The race/ethnicity of known Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter suspects mirrors the victim population with Black (56.3%) and Hispanic (35.0%) suspects accounting for the majority of suspects. [91.3%]
The Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter arrest population is similarly distributed. Black arrestees (55.5%) and Hispanic arrestees (33.8%) account for the majority of Murder and Non-Negligent Manslaughter arrestees. [89.3%]
So I must have read the comment at least 20 times. I asked my sister to read the comment to, to see what this guy is saying. I don’t want to do a guns of The Navaronne type of response especially if he meant something innocent.
But seriously can you tell me what this dude means: Black and Latinos account for over 91% of NYC murders. Do you recommend instead that they stop everyone for the sake of appearances? Perhaps it’s better to use NYC resources to address the root cause of such high crime rates among minorities.
And that’s the Issue
Thats the issue I feel. Do ya see it? Let me illustrate:
In high school I was coming home late one night I was on the nerdy Mock Trail team and Speech and Debate. I swiped my student pass and an officer immediately stopped me and was a dick he said some harsh things, check my bags and pockets etc. To me that was sexual harassment esp since no negros or colored folked lived in that neighborhood where my prep school was. I was unset and shaken and I told on of my teachers about it and he said:
You’re overacting, the cops just doing his job. There good guys.
Complete dismissal. Another teacher wasn’t so dismissive and she talked to me and let me speak about it, and just LISTENED to what I wanted to say. That’s what makes me a great American. I don’t believe in the justice system, I have no hope that the government, I don’t vote, I don’t expect things to change, I work I take care of those I am responsible, I try to volunteer and do charitable acts and be a good person and I still love being Haitian-American.
See the only thing I want is to say stuff and for it to be taken seriously even it is with a grain of salt. For instance if I say man racial profiling sucks, and someone says Blacks and Latinos commit most of the crimes and the crime rate is lower then its justified that’s doesn’t sit well with me. Why because
- It doesn’t take into consideration that racial profiling is REAL and PAINFUL. You may not experience it so you don’t know or care. I hate that mentality that doesn’t acknowledge that things maybe different for people who aren’t like you.
- Saying things like that indirectly asserts that there is a relationship between violence and race i.e. the darker your skin is the more violent you are. Ive heard that argument so many times indirectly and directly.
In the few times I have had a serious discussion with someone who isn’t black, before I can articulate my point its gets dismissed, I’m just playing the Race Card because Obama is elected, its really not that bad, blacks are just lazy. I think if we are gonna share the same air and water and bad furniture from IKEA etc we should at least hear each other out. Watching Barbershop or a Tyler Perry movie wont let you know how I feel about things or how I will act in a certain social setting. Talking to me and letting me articulate what I want to say will. (STUDY: Black Men Fend Of Depression If They Discuss Racism Openly )
However at the same time especially in writing, sometimes I cannot discern clearly what someone is saying. I don’t wanna be the boy who cried wolf and call someone out on something that I perceive to be fucked up when it isn’t. That does more harm then good for us all.
See it’s not all the time clear when I can speak on certain issues. We are all going to have to an understanding or some sort of balance. I’m cool peoples, I like everyone, especially ladies the only place I found equality and understanding are under the sheets.
MrMary’s making A Real Race Card
I was talking about this with my therapist. It seems that when things were hard at home the beating and verbal abuse, since I didn’t have the muscle to fight back I would turn everything in a kind of sarcastic joke. The plus side of that is that people find what I say funny and I can take a few good hits like water.
So I was thinking, there are 52 cards in a deck 4 sets , The race card is one card in the deck what are the other cards ? There is the xenophobic-immigrant abuse card, there is the race card, there is the anti-Semitic card, native American card, Gay Card, Misogynistic card.
So I am going to personally design a deck of playing cards that will be called simply Biggest American Deck. I have already designed part of it ? It should be read (dead serious in time for Christmas hopefully) are you Ready !!! I will of course create new games to be played with this cards
Stay tuned for part 2
- In 2011, NYPD Made More Stops Of Young Black Men Than The Total Number Of Young Black Men In New York (thinkprogress.org)
- New York civil rights group challenges NYPD over stop-and-frisk numbers (guardian.co.uk)
- Young black men frisked more often by NYPD (thegrio.com)
- STUDY: Black Men Fend Of Depression If They Discuss Racism Openly (newstalkcleveland.com)
- Colbert Takes On Interdimensional Blacks, Gay Strokes And Sick Monkeys In The ‘Threatdown’ (mediaite.com)
- The Trouble With Nazis, White Nationalists, and Other Assorted Extremists (racefiles.wordpress.com)
- NYCLU Finds NYPD Stop-and-Frisk Practices Ineffective & Racist (onthewilderside.com)
- Some Hispanics Want To Share Their Background (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Latinos Do Vote: Welcome to the Shift and the New Chapter of the American Story (thehispanicblog.com)
- Hispanics/Latinos Without A Mind Of Their Own Is A Terrible Thing For Liberals To Waste (neosecularist.com)
- Government Job Cuts Threaten Black Middle Class (wnyc.org)
- Playing the Race Card Again – Jonah Goldberg – Townhall Conservative Columnists (gds44.wordpress.com)