I am not going to present you disconcerting facts. I will instead offer you some thoughts of what I have observed over the short span of time, about 32 years I have been on this lonely rock, 93 million miles from the sun.
Only I Exist
Human beings do not think in terms of absolutes, rather we tend to think solipsistically in terms of benefit. There is no absolute good or bad. There is only thinking along the lines of “whether something is good for me or not.”
There has to be a reason to help someone because simply people suffering or in harsh conditions are not deserving of help. If you don’t believe me look at the neo-colonial propensities of American foreign policy.
If we are to get more into the terms dystopia and utopia are concepts, they are opposing ideologies. Depending on who we are, our society may gravitate more towards the realities depicted by one of these ideologies. From our history, we know that there will always be social divisions along class, race, religious, and other arbitrarily chosen lines. Our country is a alkanised strata of human activity.
The patricians of Rome did not live through the same struggles and tribulations as the plebeians or slaves of that same city. The scene that comes to mind from Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar is:
Upon what meat doth this our Caesar feedThat he is grown so great? Age, thou art shamed!Rome, thou hast lost the breed of noble bloods!
The quality of food the nobles of Rome enjoyed was of much higher grade than the plebes, just as Caesar was sustain by a greater meat than the nobles could afford. So for such crimes he was slain by his illegitimate son Brutus, –Not that he loved Caesar less, but that he loved Rome more.
Getting Back to It
- “The richest 20% of US families own 88.9% of all wealth”
- Court Rules No Suspicion Needed for Laptop Searches at Border — “allows the government to conduct intrusive searches of Americans’ laptops and other electronics at the border without any suspicion that those devices contain evidence of wrongdoing”
- NSA reportedly intercepting laptops purchased online to install spy malware
- Greenwald: US, British media are servants of security apparatus
- Snowden leaks exposes PayPal’s partnership and cooperation with the National Security Agency (NSA), according to three NSA veterans
- The United States has been allowed access to information obtained by Sweden’s National Defence Radio Establishment (FRA) through cable interception since 2011, top-secret documents obtained by Swedish Television show.
- FBI can secretly turn on laptop cameras without the indicator light
- Japan passes a democracy-muzzling Patriot Act. The Obama-supported State Secret Bill criminalizes investigative journalism and conflates terrorism with ‘imposing one’s opinions.’
- NSA’s Blackmail By Porn Strategy, The Abuse We Were All Waiting For
- Canadian Woman denied entry into US by Border Agent who Referenced Confidential Medical History