It’s quite ironic, actually. In their attempts to take down large corporations, Anonymous actually pads the pockets of one of them. But there’s one unintentional consequence – their disguise is earning big bucks for a major media conglomerate. Warner Brothers, the Time Warner subsidiary who produced the movie, owns the rights to the Guy Fawkes mask – and they earn royalties on every sale. While Time Warner hasn’t released any data related to their earnings from the masks, it’s safe to say that the hundreds of thousands of Guy Fawkes masks sold each year helps to bring sure profit to the company. As the Guy Fawkes saying goes, “Remember, remember the fifth of November.” Time Warner, we’re sure, is glad the date shall never be forgot.
Do you know what that means?
Anonymous Guy Fawkes masks being made in a third world factory.
What do you think about that ?
- Anonymous Plans A Million Mask March (onthemedia.org)
- It’s Guy Fawkes Day – Here’s A Factory That Mass Produces Those Masks For Protesters Around The World (businessinsider.com)
- A quick reminder about those Guy Fawkes masks Occupiers are fond of wearing (michellemalkin.com)
- Remember, remember the 5th of November! (thecatholicdormitory.wordpress.com)
- Memories of Guy Fawkes Night (starmuseblog.wordpress.com)
- What Percentage of Guy Fawkes Masks Are Counterfeit? (animalnewyork.com)
- Guy Fawkes Night (bulldogdrummond.com)
- V for VIXEN: Hot Gals In Guy Fawkes Masks [60 Photos] (coed.com)