Both John Oliver and Stephen Colbert addressed the NYPD’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy on Tuesday, with Colbert sarcastically lamenting it being ruled unconstitutional.
Oliver, however, opted to try to put the whole thing into terms white people could understand. He then turned to correspondent Jessica Williams, who explained that it’s not less stop-and-frisk we need, but more… and in the right high-crime areas, i.e. Wall Street.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Stops and Frisks the NYPD (theatlanticwire.com)
- Oliver Helps White People Get Stop-and-Frisk: ‘Your Neighborhood is Terminal B at LaGuardia’ (mediaite.com)
- The Daily Show’s Guide to Stop-and-Frisk Is Hilarious and Spot-On (jezebel.com)
- Ending Stop-and-Frisk, Keeping the Racism (smoketokesusa.com)
- Daily Show : NYPD Should ‘Stop, Frisk’ Wall Street (newser.com)
- Stop & Frisk (skyestats.wordpress.com)
- Ending stop-and-frisk, keeping racism (rinf.com)
- Newark PD to roll out transparent stop-and-frisk procedure (pix11.com)
- Here’s what you need to know about stop and frisk – and why the courts shut it down (washingtonpost.com)