‘In a time of deceit telling the truth
is a revolutionary act.
I have always been fascinated by the image of the court jester. He was there often time for specific reasons he puts the king’s ego in check. He reminds the king that he is a servant and that the man and the role of the king are not one and the same. Shakespeare always brings the clown or jester to balance the king like in King Lear. I believe that satire and comedy is super important because it brings up topics for discussion to the general public. The problem often times is that people don’t see the people telling the jokes as presenters of topics.
I think its very hypocritical to wish Muslims well for Ramadan while policies that you enforce are harming innocent Muslims I forget how many inmates in Guantanamo have been cleared for release but are still stuff there. More important check out this headline and blurb:
The NYU Student Tweeting Every Reported US Drone Strike Has Revealed A Disturbing Trend
Known as the “double tap,” the tactic involves bombing a target multiple times in relatively quick succession, meaning that the second strike often hits first responders. A 2007 report by the Homeland Security Institute called double taps a “favorite tactic of Hamas” and the FBI considers it a tactic employed by terrorists
So then with that said, I think that’s it
- Muslims angrily respond to Obama’s Ramadan greeting: ‘Hypocrite,’ ‘Hitler’ (twitchy.com)
- Guanatamo detainees to be force-fed in Ramadan hours (itv.com)
- NYU Student Who Tweets Every U.S. Drone Strike in History Releases API (programmableweb.com)
- US force feeds Muslim prisoners on hunger strike in Guantanamo during Ramadan (socialistworker.co.uk)
- Muslims on Twitter outraged over Obama’s Ramadan wishes (washingtontimes.com)