an article I wrote some months back that is still kinda pertinent
Originally posted on ASpoonfulofSuga:
Disturbing New Information:
HOW MUCH YOUR VAGINA COSTS YOU A YEAR
Balls deep in some unknown, unnumbered room deep in the basement of some windowless building there are a team of people dedicated to fulfilling the whim of the Magazine Editors of Jezebel magazine. A fefw days ago the powers that be demanded to know how much does it cost every year to have and maintain a vagina. The answer, while astounding and unrealistic is the subject of this post, but before I get into all of that let me tell you what the sweatshop of broken human beings finally came with as their final answer: It cost around $2,500 a year. What does that mean ? Well let me put it in perspective for you.
For $6.85 a day You can get:
(Depending on the region and age demographics) you can treat various paying customers (after their…
View original 969 more words
As temperatures drop and winter begins to tighten its hold on the northern hemisphere, many people’s minds turn to having some fun racing down the slopes. So why not get excited for the season with some shots of actual ski and snowboard instructors posing in the snow while wearing very little clothing? The shots are part of a 2013 calendar shot by photographer Hubertus von Hohenlohe and designed by artistic director Thomas Ebster. And yes, all the ladies appearing are actual instructors, and interestingly, the pair say they were criticized for not showing enough skin. Everyone’s a critic. Click through the gallery, and get ready for your favorite winter sports.
MrMary Weighs In
Uhm I never thought of there being a sexual subtext to skiing. I mean does anyone see anything sexual with crashing head first into bush, or going down at faster and faster speeds to get it over with. Who wouldn’t want love to work my way around the slopes and curves of a good course. I love the winter scenery, it’s quite easy to get caught up by the scenario that it’s easy to crash head-first Sonny Bono style into bush. Ok Jokes aside can one ski with an erection, I would imagine waxing your pole will make you weak in the knees and that can’t be good for skiing ?
After the usual jokes this gets very boring. I wonder are we so prudish that we will shell money out for some half dressed chicks? Who buys this stuff ? Then again I look at most movies nowadays that try to exploit our prudishness by pandering to certain demographics with promises of gratuitous nudity. It’s not like Megan Fox can act but for some reason dudes flocked to see her in the crappy films she happened to be in.
I have always wondered about how prudishness affects relationships. I read this recently what do you think:
“Prudishness has created a situation of relative difficulty in men and women coming together and enjoying dating or their relationship. It hastens people into often ill-fitting marital unions in a misguided effort to avoid pre-marital sex. It has perpetuated a tacit quid-pro-quo in dating, where dating for it’s own sake, is viewed by many as the man taking advantage of the woman. It is one where women, not wanting to be castigated as easy or a slut, cannot simply enjoy a sexual relationship for it’s own sake, but must make pretense at there being a definite future for each encounter she engages in. The result can be an endless string of rebound relationshipsand a propensity to try to badger whomever the “homme du jour” might be, into proposing prematurely.
What do you think do you agree ? disagree ?
- Ice maidens! Ski instructors peel off their thermals for raunchy calendar shoot in the snow (dailymail.co.uk)
- Alpine Valley Ski Area Hosts Annual Ski Swap And Sale (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- How To Stay Safe On The Slopes (essentialtravel.co.uk)
- The Essential Travel Ski Guide (essentialtravel.co.uk)
It’s been a scary election for women given how they have been depicted nad lambasted in the media. One article in many ways sums things up for me:
Do Hormones Drive Women’s Votes ?
This was an article publish by CNN that was eventually taken down because:
A post previously published in this space regarding a study about how hormones may influence voting choices has been removed. After further review it was determined that some elements of the story did not meet the editorial standards of CNN. We thank you for your comments and feedback.
What the title alone implies is that women do not have the mental fortitude or logical capacity to decide who to vote for because of hormones. There were many other similar comments : The Poor don’t think about voting they just vote for whomeever will continue supporting welfare and the system that allows them to leach off of hard working Americans, African Americans vote for Obama because he is black etc.
A lot of peculiar actions come from the mindset of a person that thinks that women cannot function normally because of hormones :
- GOP Senators Unanimously shoot down an equal pay bill – This week, Senate Republicans voted to block Democratic legislation designed to reduce the persistent pay gap between genders in the workplace. The bill would boost protections for women filing gender-discrimination lawsuits, and put the onus on employers to prove that wage disparities between men and women (who typically earn just 77 cents for every dollar a man earns) are not gender-related.
- Mitt Romney‘s Binders Full of Women: “And I—and I went to my staff, and I said, ‘How come all the people for these jobs are—are all men.’ They said: ‘Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.’ And I said: ‘Well, gosh, can’t we—can’t we find some—some women that are also qualified?’ And—and so we—we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet. I went to a number of women’s groups and said: ‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.”
- Richard Mourdock – “The only exception I have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother,” said Mourdock. “I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” Romney never really withdrew his support for this guy rather he issued a statement: “Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock’s comments, and they do not reflect his views,”
- Who can forget when Republican U.S. Senate nominee Tom Smith likened rape to having a child out-of-wedlock
- Idaho Republican state Sen. Chuck Winder who back in March suggested some women might not understand when they’ve been raped and then falsely use a claim of rape as an excuse to get an abortion.
- [In the case of women getting pregnant after a rape] “From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin said. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”
Back in April I wrote about this issue in a satirical article entitled: The Commoditization of the Female Pleasure Pit, The War on Women, & the hairy Box my Watch Came in (1) I listed the following:
- Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t yet. Shocker.
- A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
- In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that couldmake it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care.
- Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
- In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
- Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said.Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
- And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
- Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill wouldcut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
- Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
- And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses.)
That to sounds like an entrenched war against women that I personally don’t understand. I am voting this year for the first time. Voting for me this year is like picking between a worst case scenario and an eh scenario. I feel with Obama in office things will be better than if Romney is in office but I am not in love with either candidate. The Drone strikes are heart breaking, the invasion of our privacy by government is deplorable and I can go on. But Mitt Romney is a scary dude. He is like this stripper I know who tells you everything you want to hear so she can make the money. I cannot say clearly what it is he stands for. I agree all politicians lie but he takes it to a whole new level.
I’m still surprised that women vote for him, it doesn’t make sense ? maybe I am hormonal and I jsut cant understand it (sarcasm)
“What actually happened was that in 2002 — prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration — a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor. They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.”