I was reading some Howard Zinn today and while doing so I remembered a magnificent eCard from LeClown. So here it is below your saturday Afternoon LeClown Sammich. Coincidentally the LeClown Sammich is a sexual act I read about while I was a passenger on a steam train to Cleveland. Anyways I thought what better way to make a salient point than by making the eCard and by extension Le Clown the figurative meat between two buns ( emphasis on the uhnsz!!!)
It will be an orgiastic feast for your mind. I know that when I am the meat between two buns my knees hurt after a while and my predilection for grabbing pony tails manifests itself but that’s beside the point.
Americans have been taught that their nation is civilized and humane. But, too often, U.S. actions have been uncivilized and inhumane.
eCard from LeClown
If patriotism were defined, not as blind obedience to government, nor as submissive worship to flags and anthems, but rather as love of one’s country, one’s fellow citizens (all over the world), as loyalty to the principles of justice and democracy, then patriotism would require us to disobey our government, when it violated those principles
We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had — the individual’s right to oppose both flag and country when he believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it, all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism. We grow up in a controlled society, where we are told that when one person kills another person, that is murder, but when the government kills a hundred thousand, that is patriotism.
Yeah… that’s it…
I hope you enjoyed that salient reflection, I know I did. Excuse me while my mind smokes a cigarette and makes a mental note not to call the next day
- Howard Zinn: “the dominant narrative of American history” (lifeondoverbeach.wordpress.com)
- Barack Obama: Ghetto Uprising Insurance We Must Get This Blood Off Our Hands! (dogmaandgeopolitics.wordpress.com)
- Jocular Look @Today’s News: Secret audio of cops threatening teen under Stop and Frisk goes viral (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)
- Columbus, the Indians, and Human Progress by Howard Zinn (repost) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Anarkos by Scott Noble (zcommunications.org)
- You Are Still Being Lied To: Howard Zinn’s “Columbus and Western Civilization” (unsettlingamerica.wordpress.com)
- “You Can’t Be Neutral on a Moving Train.” #change.org #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Commemorating the 42nd Anniversary of the Marin Courthouse Slave Rebellion (dogmaandgeopolitics.wordpress.com)
- Steven Biel: “You Can’t Be Neutral on a Moving Train.” (huffingtonpost.com)