Taken from the Demon haunting World by Carl Sagan
About the Book
This book was intended to explain the scientific method to laypeople, and to encourage people to learn critical or skeptical thinking. It explains methods to help distinguish between ideas that are considered valid science, and ideas that can be considered pseudoscience. Sagan states that when new ideas are offered for consideration, they should be tested by means of skeptical thinking, and should stand up to rigorous questioning.
- Carl Sagan Day 2012 Approaches! (skepticalteacher.wordpress.com)
- A Special Notice about Carl Sagan! (randi.org)
- Trivia Tuesday: The day Carl Sagan sued Apple (neowin.net)
- Listen to Carl Sagan’s message to Mars rover Curiosity explorers (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Carl Sagan’s message to future explorers of Mars will cold-clock you right in the touchy feelies [Video] (io9.com)