Disturbing New Information:
HOW MUCH YOUR VAGINA COSTS YOU A YEAR
Balls deep in some unknown, unnumbered room deep in the basement of some windowless building there are a team of people dedicated to fulfilling the whim of the Magazine Editors of Jezebel magazine. A fefw days ago the powers that be demanded to know how much does it cost every year to have and maintain a vagina. The answer, while astounding and unrealistic is the subject of this post, but before I get into all of that let me tell you what the sweatshop of broken human beings finally came with as their final answer: It cost around $2,500 a year. What does that mean ? Well let me put it in perspective for you.
For $6.85 a day You can get:
(Depending on the region and age demographics) you can treat various paying customers (after their credential have checked out of course) to a hospitable somewhat spacious room [depending on the taste of the potential renter] just beyond the cute custom-designed Welcome Mat at the front entrance. There is central heating and aside from the ocassional dampness. It’s a steal really!!!!
Cost Break Down (According to Jezebel)
–Birth control, approximately $1,690 per year, or $130 for 13 packs.
–Tampons, about $63 per year for nine boxes.
–PMS relief, $21 for three bottles of Midol.
–Pelvic exam and pap smear, $175.
–Condoms, to protect against STDs, $36 per year for two boxes.
–Vagisil, because itching is real, $6 for one tube.
–Urinary tract infection relief, about $40.
–Yeast infection, $90 for screening and $17 for Monistat.
–Grooming, either $190 for shaving or $315 for waxing.
–Toilet paper, $144 more than a man would spend.
You can have it your way at Burger King and get a:
DOUBLE WHOPPER® Sandwich
Our DOUBLE WHOPPER® Sandwich is a pairing of two ¼ lb. savory flame-broiled beef patties topped with juicy tomatoes, fresh cut lettuce, creamy mayonnaise, crunchy pickles, and sliced white onions on a soft sesame seed bun.
MrMary Thinks Thoughts, this time Aloud
We all know that for MrMary and all the lesbians in the world the fur-burger, aka the meat-wallet, aka the fish taco is the penultimate source of pleasure. This is why the baker to my left is engaged in making a hefty batch of Vagina Cookies.
In the USA though some politicians may not agree but there is this subversive movement to strip women of a lot of the benefits they have had in the past. For instance:
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t yet. Shocker.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that couldmake it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said.Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill wouldcut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses.)
You know MrMary doesn’t vote, being able to pick the most tolerable idiot from a concentrated pool of misogynistic well to do idiots is no sign of intelligence or of being conscious. But what is interesting to me is the commodification of a woman’s pleasure pit.
Commodification (or commoditization) is the transformation of goods, ideas, or other entities that may not normally be regarded as goods into a commodity.
I do not mean it in the sense of prostitution where someone man or women can go outside to a designated street corner and purchase access to some meat cave action. I mean that vagina has become a commodity like pork bellies, bushels of corn, soybean etc. The Tuesday Edition of the NY Times Business Section list commodities .
Law and legislation is passed setting stringent parameters over sometimes private which is a new arena or field of endeavor to be policed by some ubiquitous every watching governmental presence. If you pay attention to the rhetoric is quite scary to me.
The other thing that struck me
I found it interesting the price thing, on how $2500 a year would be a luxury to many families around the world. This statement is to no way take any momentum and energy for the fights for womens rights here in the US, but I wonder about the starving moms in the rest of the world and their husbands and what is life like for then as not only are they suffering, but they cant spend $2500 to maintain the ladies vag.
- Your Vagina Isn’t Just Too Big, Too Floppy, and Too Hairy – It’s Also Too Brown [Video] (jezebel.com)
- The Commoditization of Women and the North American Rape Culture. (browneyedamazon.com)
- So My Vagina Shouldn’t Be Too Big, Floppy, Hairy Or Shriveled Like A Prune – But Now It Needs To Be Bright Red Too? (indigosoul77.wordpress.com)
- Transvaginal ultrasound and the “War on Babies” (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Today on FB: VJJ Whitening… (on Lindy West’s Jezebel Article) (beverlyakerman.blogspot.com)
- Powerful vectors are at work in our underpants. (umsuwomyns.com)
- Loose Vagina? (socyberty.com)
- Company promotes intimate wash to clean, “lighten” your vagina (newblackwoman.com)
- Study: Men Prefer Pink Vaginas To Red Ones (holytaco.com)
- Does Your Vagina Really Need To Be “Rejuvenated”? (andeecomics.wordpress.com)