I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
First it was my secretcrushfortwoweeks that nominated me for an award and in doing so started my slow rise to Power, aka to Full Mast. Recently I got nominated for another award by the CommanderInChic. Before I get into it I’d like to say that this award confirms that WordPress isn’t the sausage party it once was and secondly the ladies who blog have a sense of humor and are unusually nice. I’m still impressed with all the feedback, comments and overall participation, so thanks everyone. I never knew boner jokes could take a person so far.
Thank You To The CommanderInChic
The CommanderinChic’s blog in many ways reminds me of Ernest Hemingway’s novels – short concise very descriptive of course. But just as God is a silent character who ambivalence saturates the ambiance and tone of the works (The Old man and the Sea and The Snows of Kilamanjaro come to mind) I imagine Tim Gunn to be a ubiquitous presence on her blog. Sometimes when she is showing off new shoes, outfits or nail polish I can almost hear Tim Gunn saying “Make it Work!!” or giving out other tips for looking fabulous. (Tim Gun and God have a lot in common aside from being celibate for 30 years)
Telling you seven things more about myself
1. I was never in the peace corp, so I like women, actually I’m part of another piece corps, looking for a piece of dat …well you know the rest
2. At different points in my life I have had a few homeless friends. I would save some dollars and get them something off the value meal at MCDonalds which are everywhere here. I’d just sit with them sometimes, not talking much. I didn’t ask any names or for their story, I just sat with them. There was a lovely story fellow blogger wrote something about: click this
4. I learned a few minutes ago that after taking a lot of NYQUIL its not good to have half a 6 pack of beer
5. I love animals. I have two dogs – there is a soft side to Mr Mary after all. For some reason stray cats follow me and like me, my favorite pet which I gave away was a black cat named Cleo, who I found in the street right before it was about to rain. I rain to get her food and she followed me into my apartment building. That is her sleeping on an old rug
6. Over the years I have studied many forms of martial arts. At one point I wanted to compete, but I wasnt feeling coming home with my face looking like hamburger meat. I haven’t practiced in ages and suck something awful. I am hoping to get back to it in 2012.
People I Nominate
I accepted this award because its my rule to never refuse a gift from a pretty lady, especially who can run around in these kind of shoes and names doesn’t end in ‘Licious and secondly really to shout out some blogs I came across that are all kinds of sexy and awesome: