Fact # 1
November is National Diabetes Awareness Month and according to a study released on Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of diagnosed cases of diabetes grew by 50 percent or more in 42 U.S. states, and by 100 percent or more in 18 states.
In 2010, 18.8 million Americans had been diagnosed with diabetes and another 7 million had undetected diabetes, according to the CDC. States with the largest increases over the 16-year period were Oklahoma, up 226 percent; Kentucky, up 158 percent; Georgia, up 145 percent; Alabama, up 140 percent, Washington, up 135 percent, and West Virginia, up 131 percent, according to the study published in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. “Regionally, we saw the largest increase in diagnosed diabetes prevalence in the South, followed by the West, Midwest, and Northeast,” Linda Geiss, a statistician with CDC’s Division of Diabetes Translation and lead author of the report, said in a statement.
Fact # 2
- More than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese.
- Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of preventable death.
- In 2008, medical costs associated with obesity were estimated at $147 billion; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight.
- By state, obesity prevalence ranged from 20.7% in Colorado to 34.9% in Mississippi in 2011. No state had a prevalence of obesity less than 20%. 39 states had a prevalence of 25% or more; 12 of these states had a prevalence of 30% or more: Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and West Virginia.
- The South had the highest prevalence of obesity (29.5%), followed by the Midwest (29.0%), the Northeast (25.3%) and the West (24.3%).
The Illogical Part
An American icon announced it will be closing its doors and laying off 18,500 workers as Hostess, the makers of Twinkie and Wonder bread, announced they will be going out of business following a crippling strike by union members. According to a lot of people this is all part of Obama’s evil plan to destroy America by eviscerating small and big businesses. Look at these titles:
Obamanomics Kills Another – RIP Hostess and 19,000 Jobs.
The Adults At Hostess Give A Reality Lesson To Obama’s Union Children
Rush Limbaugh Livid Over Hostess Closure: This is All Michelle Obama’s Fault, I Feel As Though a Part of Me is Dying
Obama and UNIONS killed Hostess – Topix
Friday Flashback: Obama speaks, Hostess dies, Fiscal Cliff looms
Obama loving unions just killed 18,500 jobs…and twinkies.
This Hostess closing has become a political issue with many people trying to point the finger and place the blame of the incumbent president and his winning another 4 years or some mess I’m not really going to get into it. But hear is some information if you’re interested
Hostess is well known to several generations of Americans for Twinkies, which debuted in 1930 to provide an inexpensive treat during the Great Depression. The company also made Ding Dongs, Ho Ho’s, Cupcakes and other desserts. The Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union says that the company would have died years ago if it hadn’t been for workers.”…the truth is that had it not been for the valiant efforts of our members over the last eight years, including accepting significant wage and benefit concessions after the first bankruptcy, this company would have gone out of business long ago.” Hostess failed because its six management teams over the last eight years were unable to make it a profitable, successful business enterprise.
The Illogical Stuff
In a nation full of fat mutha-fuckers we are mourning the loss of one of the most deadly high calorie no nutrient rich substance that passes for food. This is America:
People are rushing to buy Twinkies stashing it,
Naturally, this is a disturbing development for fans of the Hostess icon, the Twinkie. Preparing for the possibility the Twinkie may never return to American store shelves, fans have been stocking up on the tasty treat, and Twitter is full of some amazing pictures of people’s stashes. Check out some of the best shots above.
So there is this Obesity and Diabetes epidemic and people re rushing to buy twinkies not because they need it or they want it but because of nostalgia? As a kid I used to like twinkies not so much that I want to hoard boxes of twinkies. I haven’t eaten them in years.
When I first heard all this talk about twinkies going out of business I thought it was in reference to the twilight movies ending with part two Breaking down coming out soon or maybe it came out unlike the vampires and werewolves in that movie. I dunno I grew reading mythology, listening to horrific stories told by older relatives and watching the classic horror movies stuff this twilight shit with the twinkie vampires and werewolves is just horrible. If a lady friend ask me to go see it with her it wouldn’t happen, well depends on her negotiation skills.
Actually come to think of it, while twinkies have a special place in my heart, I would mind is all the twinkie bullshit foodstuff and vampires and werewolves when to that field where bullshit goes to die and re-enrich the soil.
RIP TWINKIES YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
Check out the Rest of this series
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 9 Getting Tasered By the Cops for Helping to Put out a fire
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 8: Sex, Horses and Marijuana in the United States
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 7: French Cheese and Automatic Guns (1)
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 6: Russian Arms sales in America
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 5: Boycotting the Olympics in 1980
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 4: Sexual Assault Victim May Go To Jail
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 3: Children are our Future
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 2 :Womens Rights
Illogical Thoughts/things that make perfect sense # 1
- You want to know who REALLY killed the Twinkie? (blogs.ajc.com)
- Twinkies Selling for $100 on Ebay While a Petition is Seeking to Bail Twinkies Out (americanlivewire.com)
- Twinkies Will Be Saved (newser.com)
- Twinkie roundup: Before you hoard, read this (oregonlive.com)
- Homemade Twinkies (nytimes.com)
- Twinkie prices surge on Ebay (upi.com)
- The Twinkie: an indestructible icon of American capitalism | Mike Daisey (guardian.co.uk)
- No More Twinkies? Hostess is Closing! (manolith.com)