Why so serious MrMary ?
Usually when someone asks me why so serious I answer something inappropriate like:
You know, your ____________ (insert noun -mom, daughter, wife, ex-gf, sister, best friend, Francine) ask me the same thing when I was climbing off of her this morning, I guess I’m getting old.
I quote a line of poetry that is non-romantic and a bit disturbing like from the Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock
LET us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
That really gets the basement juice (New word) flowing for the ladies. In one move you managed to show that your creepy, well read, and a dick who probably wont call the next day, (According to rabid Anti-Semite Mel Gibson that’s really what women want)
The Events of The Day
Yesterday I fell into my own trap. I posted some serious hard hitting posts, and I feel that I have to rectify my out of character seriousness. It’s bad enough I am a scientist, graduate instructor, and professional vaginal-filler (consensually of course). So here is my corrective and way of paying homage to Sherman Helmsley, I loved watching him when I was a young boy and actually I found the word honkey so funny I would say it often, until someone pulled me aside and told me not to say it.
The show was truly edgy for its time like all in the family it still cracks me up.
by the way
- Listen to T.S. Eliot Read his Modernist Masterpieces “The Waste Land” and “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” (openculture.com)
- Chuck Berry, Neoclassicist (themillions.com)
- Project 365, Day 231; The Mermaid’s Hair (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- I will show you Arcade Fire in a handful of dust: why pop music loves TS Eliot (guardian.co.uk)
- Storybook Romance (teowulf.com)
- George Jefferson, African American Sit-com Star Dies, Age 74 (themoderatevoice.com)
- The Risky Business Of Love (thoughtcatalog.com)
- TV Icon Sherman Helmsley, aka “George Jefferson,” Dead at 74 (atlantablackstar.com)
- What Pop Music Owes to The Wasteland (thinghost.wordpress.com)
- “Don’t be afraid” (theconfluencecountdown.com)
- Mary (bagnidilucca.wordpress.com)
- mindful ~mary oliver (pathwriter.wordpress.com)
- Love It or Hate It? Mary-Kate’s Seventh on Sale Look (bellasugar.com)